Quiz Rally 2020 Details and Registration
DATE: Saturday, May 9, 2020
PLACE: Lois P. Rockwell Elementary School, 24555 Cutsail Drive, Damascus, MD 20872
TIME: Registration will begin by 8:00 a.m.
Ÿ Each team will receive a rotation schedule upon registration
Ÿ Division I teams must have a chaperone with them at all times.
Ÿ Volunteers should report to the Media Center by 8:00 a.m.
Ÿ Competitor briefing in the cafeteria at 8:30 a.m.
Ÿ Competition will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. Any competitors not on site and with teams will be subject to disqualification.
ENTRY FEE: $55.00 per team member, but SVPC will pay half of the registration fee. Please give a check payable to Seneca Valley Pony Club for $27.50 for each pony club member attending the Quiz Rally to Candace or Terry (deadline TBD).
DIVISIONS: Competitors are placed in Divisions based on Similar Ages as of 1/1/20 & HM Certification Levels
Ÿ RISING STARS: Unrated or D-1’s & abide by D Regulations
Ÿ Novice D
Ÿ Novice C
Ÿ Junior D
Ÿ Junior C/H-B
Ÿ Senior D
Ÿ Senior C/H-B
MEDICAL RELEASES: IMPORTANT!!!
Ÿ Each pony clubber is required to have a CURRENT Medical Armband or a Medical Wristband on their body at all times during Quiz Rally Competition.
QUIZ COMPETITION FORMAT: (THREE PHASE ROTATIONS):
Ÿ Each of the divisions and teams will participate in the following phases:
*Barn (Paddock Boots must be worn, weather appropriate jacket is recommended)
Ÿ Each team will receive a phase rotation at registration.
Ÿ Each club has been requested to provide stations for all phases and volunteers to successfully operate each phase assigned.
Ÿ See your DC/CA for Club Assignments
Ÿ Each club should provide names and e-mail addresses of volunteers and their level of equine knowledge:
Ÿ (ie. fair/moderate/experienced)
CONCESSIONS: There WILL BE NO CONCESSIONS
Ÿ Lunch will be provided to the following individuals:
Ÿ No spectators will be allowed in any phase of the competition.
Ÿ Chaperones (Division I only) are a requirement and can observe.
Ÿ No interaction is permitted between unauthorized adults and competitors until all protests are resolved and the competition has concluded.
Ÿ The expectation of all competitors’ behavior should be exemplary! Club leaders should review 2019 Quiz Competition Rally Rulebook prior to competition.
Ÿ Competitors and spectators should only be in areas authorized and marked as competition areas.
Ÿ Each club should closely monitor their competitor’s behavior. Please promote positive sportsmanship.
Ÿ Failure to comply will result in possible elimination from the Quiz Competition Rally, which will be determined by the RS and TD. School personnel will also be on duty to ensure the success of our Rally.
Ÿ Cooperation, kindness, honesty and respect will be greatly appreciated by all!!!
Ÿ 8:00 a.m.- Arrival/Registration:
*Pick-up packets for each club
- 8:00 a.m.- Volunteer Briefing (Media Center)
- 8:30 a.m.- Competitor Briefing
Ÿ 9:00 a.m.- OFFICIAL START OF RALLY
Ÿ 4:00 p.m. (Approximately)- Awards Ceremony
Ÿ Testing is comprised of oral (individual), team and hands on questioning in four different phases of competition.
Ÿ Competitors will rotate to each phase using the rotation schedule in registration packet.
* Team captains will pick a number to determine the order of the teams questioning. This order
will be followed the duration of the competition.
* Each team member answers (1) question per round. There will be (3) rounds.
Ÿ There will be a WRITTEN TEST.
* See Quiz 2020 Rulebook for specifics on scoring and time procedures for Classroom Phase.
BARN PHASE: (All competitors should wear Paddock boots during this phase)
* Each team will visit this phase in your rotation.
* Answer sheets will be given to each competitor.
* See Quiz 2020 Rulebook for specifics on scoring and time procedures for Barn Phase.
* Please see Protest Procedure in the Updated 2020 Quiz Rulebook.
* Newsletter and procedure will be enclosed in the registration packet.
TOPIC: FESTIVAL-WHERE IT ALL BEGINS!
- Clubs should create a Club Display that celebrates United States Pony Club Championships @ FestivalJ
- Club Displays will be judged by our TD/RS.
- An award will be given for the TOP display!
- Each Club & Riding Center should bring (1) Guessing Game using equine related materials.
- GAME WINNER TAKES THE PRIZE!
- Game should be placed on the “Game Table” in the Holding Area (cafeteria)
- Game should have an answer key.
- A table monitor will be provided by the organizing club.
- A prize will be given to the TOP “Guessing Game” competitorJ
THANKS TO ALL VOLUNTEERS! TOGETHER WE CAN DO GREAT THINGS!